Monday 8 March 2010

The frame


This is the frame. It had been recently brush-painted with black Japlac enamel paint when I bought the bike. The paint is extremely glossy, hard, but is brittle and scratches easily. Not that it matters much, since you can't see it once the thing is assembled.

But hidden or not, I just don't like the scratched paint. I don't feel great about the brush marks. I don't like knowing it's there, and it would wear better if it was powdercoated.

After yo-yo'ing for several days over saving money and time vs being a tart, I called a friend's dad who knows about such things and he suggested that if I wanted it period-correct, the frame should be properly enamelled, but powdercoating would be the more sensible choice. So now I need to find someone to do all the bits. And the money to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment