Wednesday 31 March 2010

Frame ballache



I called the powdercoating place yesterday and the owner told me the frame was finished. I was over there first thing this morning to collect it.

I don't know why he told me that - I wasted a journey because it's not finished - it's only just been blasted and there's a fucking great rust hole in the bottom. I left it with a fabrication place to repair. So whilst it's annoying to be given the run-around, I'm glad I was able to get it repaired.

On the way home I went to see how Tony the painter was getting along with the bodywork. Better news there - the body is also down to bare metal and it actually looks pretty good. He's done a great job straightening the front panel up, and has welded up a few small splits that needed attention. He plans to paint it next week.

Meanwhile, I finally got in touch with Dietel Fahrzeugteile and sent them some money, more shiny bits to arrive soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Quick question, do you know if the body is the same kind of metal (or at least the same looking) as the legshield? It seems that your legshield seems whiter? I don't know if that's paint or just a different kind of metal.

    Could you let me know? info@twostroke.be

    Thanks!

    Benny

    ReplyDelete