Sunday 7 March 2010

Quick assembly and paint considerations


I laid the main body parts out in the living room to assess paint options. I have one litre of urethane in a colour called RAF Blue Grey, which I was going to use to paint my Honda C100. It's a great colour - a deep, dark grey with a blue tint, and would be perfect on the Berlin, if not correct. I don't like any of the original colour schemes of the Berlin since they make the bike look like an old kitchen appliance, and the bike's current sky blue and cream colour scheme (I presume original) is right up there with a Kenwood Magimix of the same era. The earlier SR56 Wiesel had cooler paint - most that I see in pictures are straightforward, blocky military / industrial-type colours and they look heavy, tough and a touch sinister.

I'll drop into my local spray shop tomorrow afternoon to see what they say about painting the body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment